Business Process Automation (BPA)
Business process automation, also known as B, refers to the use of technology to automate recurring business processes that are typically time-consuming and resource-intensive. The goal of BPA is to increase productivity, reduce human error and utilize resources more effectively.
What are the benefits of Business Process Automation?
- Acceleration: Existing processes are accelerated and new processes can be introduced without additional manual effort. This enables rapid adaptation to the market in the event of changes.
- Increased efficiency: Time and resources are freed up by automating routine tasks that were previously carried out manually.
- Error reduction: The automation of processes significantly reduces the error rate.
- Cost savings: Operating costs can be significantly lowered and profit margins improved by reducing manual labor hours and errors.
- Customer loyalty: Customer loyalty can be increased by automating customer interactions.
Difference to Business Process Management
Business Process Automation has a different focus and scope than Business Process Management. While BPA automates at task level, BPM optimises holistic processes. BPA automates repetitive and rule-based tasks in order to increase efficiency in specific areas. BPM looks at the entire life cycle of business processes and is more comprehensive.