Digital assembly instructions are an essential tool in the modern manufacturing industry. They enable manufacturers to improve the efficiency and quality of their assembly processes by providing clear and precise instructions for the assembly of components.
Compared to traditional paper instructions, digital assembly instructions offer a variety of benefits, including greater accuracy, faster updates, and improved customer experience.
- 5 Reasons, why digital assembly instructions are the future
- Tips for creating high-quality digital assembly instructions
- Digital assembly instructions in practice: success stories
- Welcome to the world of digital checklists!
- The latest news about digitization topics directly to your mailbox.
5 Reasons, why digital assembly instructions are the future
- Quicker updates: Unlike paper instructions, digital assembly instructions can be updated quickly and easily. This allows manufacturers to make changes to their products and adapt the assembly instructions accordingly.
- Improved user friendliness: Digital assembly instructions are typically more intuitive and user-friendly than paper instructions. By using pictures and videos, manufacturers can illustrate complex assembly processes and make their instructions easy to understand. In addition, dust and dirt have no negative effect on the readability of assembly instructions.
- Higher efficiency: By using digital assembly instructions, manufacturers can improve the efficiency of their assembly processes. By providing clear and precise instructions for assembling components, they can reduce labor time and minimize errors.
- Cost-effectiveness: Digital assembly instructions are typically more cost-effective than paper instructions. By using interactive assembly instructions, manufacturers can easily create and update their instructions without generating high costs for the creation and distribution of paper instructions.
- Better to evaluate: Thanks to the structured data acquisition, evaluations are easily possible at the push of a button and the performance of individual assembly lines can be tracked. Moreover, assembly protocols can be easily created. In addition, it can be determined within a few minutes which component was installed in which product. In the event of complaints, action can thus be taken quickly.
Tips for creating high-quality digital assembly instructions
- Attache Media: Media such as videos, photos and graphics can help make complex assembly processes even more understandable and user-friendly. By providing the ability to graphically show assembly steps, manufacturers can ensure that their instructions are clear and precise.
- Use clear and concise language: Digital assembly instructions should be written in clear and precise language. Manufacturers should avoid using technical or complex terms and use simple and understandable language instead.
- Consider user-friendliness: When creating digital assembly instructions, manufacturers should always keep user-friendliness in mind. By using an intuitive navigation and a clear structure, they can ensure that their instructions are easy to use and have a high level of acceptance among users.
- Use feedback and analysis: To ensure that their digital assembly instructions are effective, manufacturers should regularly collect feedback from users and analyse the usage of their instructions. By using analysis tools, they can identify vulnerabilities in their instructions and make targeted improvements.
Digital assembly instructions in practice: success stories
Traktionssysteme Austria: Traktionssysteme Austria is a mechanical engineering company based in Austria that manufactures electromechanical drives for railway and road vehicles. TSA uses digital assembly instructions to document engines. In addition, there is a 40-year retention obligation, which is why digital assembly instructions make a significant contribution to minimizing paper usage.
STHIL: STHIL manufactures garden equipment at their production site in Tyrol and uses digital assembly instructions to carry out continuous inspections of the components and to detect assembly errors early on in the process.
Digital assembly instructions are indispensable in the modern manufacturing industry. By creating and using high-quality digital assembly instructions, manufacturers can improve the efficiency of their assembly processes, minimize error rates and increase the quality of their products. By using digital assembly instructions, you can present complex assembly processes in a simple and understandable way and thus achieve a higher acceptance among users.
Do you want to digitize your shopfloor and achieve more efficiency in your processes?
We can show you how to digitize your test processes, assembly-related checks, work instructions and much more using Testify.